Sunday, November 25, 2012

LifeProof iPhone Case Review




   Today we are reviewing the LifeProof iPhone case, for iPhone 4 and 4S.  Like their slogan says its life-proof, which means waterproof, shock-proof, and dirt-proof.  It's a bit pricey at $79.99 retail, but all things considered its way cheaper then a new phone. There a many colors and to choose from.  Colors include black, pink, purple, white, blue, green, orange, red, and teal. I have the orange and my husband has the blue.

   The best thing about this cover is that it's not to bulky like some of the ones I have had.  It does add some bulk,  about 1/6" when measured from the center of the phone.  This is great,  just that little bit extra gives it such awesome protection. The  iPhone accessories are small enough to reach the ports that cover the headphone and charger location, but if you use something bigger the case comes with a cord that screws in so that the case maintains its waterproof-ness. They also sale an adapter for the charger port along with many other accessories.  The LifeProof items are readily available at your local Best Buy or at their website at LIFEPROOF.












 

   Now on with the reviews. I (Aimee) am much harder on my phone then Cody is on his.  In the past six years i have destroyed four of my phones  and one of Cody's. Three of those were iPhones, that's why I have had insurance on my iPhone since I've had one. A monthly bill that I have now canceled because of the protection of this case.  After a few months I have payed off the case in what I would have spent on the insurance.  This case is very rugged we have both dropped ours  a couple times with no scratches or damage done to the case or phone.  We've gotten dirt on them from yard work and it has not got inside to the phone.  We cant really test the snow part living in Florida, but if its good in water then snow should not be a problem.  Now we have yet to test the water but we will be doing a video on the test, results to come.  The cover is awesome, camera and flash work fine with it although it does muffle the sound a little bit when the bottom clip is closed, but there is going to be somethings you have to give up to have your phone safe.  Another drawback is that the protective screen is something to get used to at first.  Its not a big deal but at first we found it annoying that you have to put a little more pressure to press the buttons on the screen then you do without the case but we got used to it within the week.


    Cody's Rating for this phone cover is 3 1/2 schnauzers. Its a great cover but the price is a bit high and it is a cover that limits what you can do with you phone unless you are willing to pay for the extras but if you are prone to dropping your phone or have a loved one that is or just don't feel like paying for a new phone when you drop it in the rain and or toilet this is the case for you if not than I wouldn't suggest it

    Aimee's Rating is also 3 1/2 stars.  I'm constantly dropping (throwing, that's  what happened to Cody's iPhone) my phone.  I've dropped two iPhones in water, so I love the waterproof feature. And so far this has passed the test.  The only thing that really brings the rating down is the price. But like I said before if your paying phone insurance every month then the case will pay for itself after you cancel that. So if you are accident prone with your phones this is the case for you.






No comments:

Post a Comment