Saturday, December 6, 2014

A Tate Update

Hello everyone it has been quite sometime since we have wrote a post. Some of you may know why and some may not. At the beginning of this year we found out we were going to be parents. For those first couple months the morning sickness was pretty bad. But on November 8, we welcomed our beautiful baby girl, Amelia, into this world. She was 6 pounds 15 ounces and 19 inches long.
Throughout the pregnancy I had something called white coat syndrome where almost every time I went to the doctor my blood pressure was high but when I would check it at home it was always normal. Because of this they wanted to induce me at 39 weeks. We went in to the hospital on Thursday night at 6:30. I did not start to dilate until late Friday night. But when I started to dilate I went from a 1 to a 9 in a matter of three hours and was unable to get an epidural, I was able to get pain medicine to help with the contractions. And luckily because I could feel everything it only took about five pushes, maybe 15 minutes, for her to come out. Because the pain medicines were still in my system she wasn't breathing right away but when she did and I heard that cry it melted my heart. Me and Cody are totally head over heels in love with our baby girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment