Saturday, December 27, 2014

Amelia's 1 Month Update




Our baby girl turned one month on December 8. And Amelia is getting so big, when she was born she was 6 lbs. 15 oz. At her one-month appointment she is now 8 lbs. 3 oz. When we were leaving the hospital she was so tiny, it was hard to get her into the car seat. But we eventually got her situated with the help of the nurse. On the way home we were pretty worried that something was going to happen, but I guess that is the case with most first-time parents. But everything was okay and we made it home safely. We have three dogs and I was pretty sure they would all get along great with Amelia. I did think Penny are Chihuahua/Rat Terrier mix would be scared of her because she is scared of everything, but she loved her sister. 
Unfortunately Cody's job does not have paternity leave so after a week he had to go back to work. I get six weeks and it's going to be really hard going back to work after being with her for that long,  even harder because I will be going back the week of Christmas. 
As new parents you learn things. Like sometimes you have to wait when they go to the bathroom to change their diaper because they may not be finished. I remember one of those first days me and Cody were changing her diaper, as we were changing her she started going again, it was an explosion. All we could do was laugh. It's those memories that we will share with her one day when she is an adult and laugh about. 


Every day I see her growing and getting bigger. My little girl is so long and skinny. Right now she is still wearing newborn clothes, size 0 to 3 months is still too big for her. Newborn diapers are too tight, and size one are a little too big she is in that in-between stage. When we were in the hospital she was having trouble eating at first, during one night she only had 5 mL. This is why she was a little jaundice and we almost had to stay an extra day. But now she is up to four ounces and she gets really impatient when her bottle is not warming up fast enough. I love watching all the little things she got from us both. Like when she strecthes she makes alot of noise. She got all those grumps and groans from Cody. When she yawns she makes this little hissing sound after, and I'm like, thats me I do that. Oh and she makes the best faces. Another funny thing she does is smile and laugh at the racoon on her wall when we change her diaper. We love watching her grow bigger and bigger each day. Well I think that's all for now, see you at her 2 month update. 

No comments:

Post a Comment